Do I need to resurface my pool?

rkyobo

Our pool is a 20,000 gallon in-ground concrete salt water pool.  The shallow end is 4' deep, center is 6' deep, and the other end is 5' deep.  We have had a lot of very small earthquakes here on Guam, and the pool has now become uneven - deeper on one side than the other, with a difference of about 3-4 inches. There is also a crack that goes down in the corner of the pool.  It doesn't seem to be a deep crack, and my water bill hasn't become a lot higher, so I don't think it's leaking.  This has happened gradually  over the past several years.  Another problem we have is that the rebar wasn't sufficiently covered in a couple of places, so we have some pretty bad rust.  One spot is on the surface of the pool deck, and the other is at an edge (corner) where tiles meet.  We've also developed a lot of black algae spots in the bottom and on the sides of the pool.   So, we don't know whether to have the pool resurfaced or drained and acid-washed, or what to do.  We need to figure out how to repair the crack in the pool too.  Any information or suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg