Hot springs classic model c hitting temp limit

Betamax

Trying to adjust temp just right, have a new tub limit switch that cuts out at 120 degrees but I’m not getting more and 102 degrees or so water temp till it trips. It’s a new tub limit switch. Thermostat seems to work fine, and the water is circulating. As far as I can tell on this tub the circ pump only runs when the thermostat is calling.  The tub is a 1986 and I had to retrofit a heater and heater box from a larger model but it works fine at 120v, confirmed that was ok with hot springs. 

First thing that comes to mind is to go back to Hot Spring tech support. It is their system, their part, they should be able to help, and you have already had good results with them, as have many of us through this Forum. Next, an old lesson learned when i was doing a tune-up on an old points ignition system in a car. Everything was new, but the darned thing would fire over once and back fire. When finally checking the new points I discovered they had no tungsten coating, so they were bare steel and one spark was all it took to foul them. Why do we insist on trusting the "new" part to be as advertised? Check that "new" limit switch for its temp/trip point. Pull it out and do the stove top test with a known good thermometer in a pan of increasingly hot water to see when it trips in that pure environment. If it checks out OK you have an issue with another component, maybe a relay. If not, get another "new" one, but try the stove top test first. i know it is very frustrating, went through similar thermostat problem with my older Hot Spring Classic F, a 1989 model. It was a corroded wire where I had assumed all was fine. Good hunting. Please post your process and results here for others to learn. I am sure it will happen to one or more of us with older Hot Spring units.