Help me decide: Lifestyle Coronado vs Aquaterra Fairfax

aa2300

Tub Vote  

1 member has voted

1. 1. vs

• Aquaterra
    • Lifesmart
    • Retail

New to the world of hot tubs. Would appreciate some feedback from the community on my decision making process. I started by looking online at both Home Depot and Costco. That pretty quickly led me to a retail store and questions of why I would want a tub from a local vendor. I realize the service/support from a single vendor would be nice, but the price certainly does not justify that convenience for me. Nor do I really care about the look of a roto-molded tub (of which both below are). Anything else to consider?

I'm looking at two tubs made by Watson.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lifesmart-Coronado-DLX-LS600DX-65-Jet-7-Person-Spa-Coranado-DX/206393966

The Lifesmart seems like the winner for me thusfar. Almost the same size as the Aquaterra, and a similar number of jets. Not interested in a lounge. This can be shipped curbside to my house for just a hair above 3000. 40% less expensive then the Aquaterra. 

https://www.costco.com/Aquaterra-Spas-Fairfax-80-jet%2C-6-or-7-person-Spa.product.100355849.html -- about to go on sale for $5000

Has a radio (don't care). Has a few more jets. Holds 16% more water (surprising given the outer dimensions of the two units). Can be returned to Costco. Is it a lot more tub? Am I missing something? 

Tub will be installed on my 100% level concrete patio. Install will be professional. Will live in the Pacific Northwest. 

Any insights to help make this decision would be appreciated. Definitely leaning towards the Lifesmart, but happy to be convinced otherwise.

Thanks!

If you're comparing rotomold to acrylic you might as well be comparing a Datson to a Porsche. Both have four wheels but one is going to last 3-4 times longer and we won't even get into things like performance, ease of maintenance, efficiency, overall enjoyment, etc. I guess if you never experience better, you won't know any better. If the person at the spa shop couldn't convey this well enough, forgive them. 

If it's a price thing, go with whichever unit you like the best. You just can't get mad when it breaks (and it will) and you have spend an hour on the phone with an 800 number trying to explain what's going on with the tub. Then you'll wait 3 weeks just to get someone out to look at it. It will be another 2 weeks for parts to arrive. A month and a half of down time isn't a big deal until freezing weather rips open all of your plumbing. And if you think they'll warranty that even though their slow response time helped cause the issue, you've got a surprise coming.

Dealers sell quality because they don't want to deal with problems. It helps keep you happy which in turn keeps them happy. Costco sells online because they sell everything else, why not a highly technical piece of equipment that they can't work on.

If you want a rotomold, buy a rotomold. Just buy it from someplace that doesn't also have a bluelight special on isle 9 and free samples in the frozen section. 

If I sound harsh, I apologize. Good luck to you.