New Jacuzzi J-435

Armyguy3p2b

Hello all, first post here!

I put my deposit down yesterday for the J-435, silverwood cabinet with platinum shell. I was thinking a J-480 but the 435 will suit my needs 95% of the time so I decided to save a few pennies.

Talking to a concrete guy and electrician this week in order to get everything set up for delivery, hopefully in the next 2 weeks!

I guess what are some things you wished you would have known or little nuances to watch for the first 90 days or so. A “break-in” period I guess you would call it.

im excited to join the club, I’m really hoping for a stress-free experience! I know issues pop up from time to time, that’s to be expected.

Anyways, I look forward to learning from you guys! TIA!

Keep track of your chemical test readings and the amount of adjusters you use for the first few months. You're going to fall into a routine and it's a lot easier to go through your notes and realize that because your PH is at an 8.0 every Sunday you add x caps full of PH reducer than it is to have to read through the instructions on the side of the bottle every freaking week. It will also help you anticipate what chems you need to stock up on.

Don't be afraid to test your water more frequently than suggested. Test strips are cheap and there is nothing wrong with being thorough while you get used to the routine. 

Don't rely on crutches such as Defoamer or Clarifier. If you're using these often at all, you have another problem that needs to be dealt with.

Hose out your filters every month. Dirty filters can cause issues with everything from water clarity to your tubs ability to heat. 

If you have any questions at all, call your dealer. I would hope that you chose someone reputable to assist you in this endeavor and therefor assume that they are more than willing to help you regardless of how small a concern you have.

Don't let you're wife/girlfriend/mistress stake her claim on the good seat. Every spa has a good seat. I don't care if you have to lie and tell her it's not working properly, DO NOT let her sit in the good seat, you'll never get it back.

Good luck to you and welcome to the club.  

• 1 month later...

greetings again!

thank you for the insight, a little update:

hurricane florence delayed things quite a bit but last night was the first night in and wow! I am going to enjoy this for years to come! 

Jacuzzi did not disappoint, every seat feels great and the tub is working like a champ! Tub got up to 104 in a couple hours and we had to keep getting in and out but overall a great couple hours nonetheless!

I ordered some LED color changing floating balls off amazon but honestly the spas LEDs work great! My roommate and I were just thinking of fun drinking games trying to toss the balls into our floating “American eagle” cup floaters! Lol

i would upload a picture but the size requirements are too strict apparently 🤷🏼‍♂️