broken drain hose?

mikeyjw600

First time poster here, and a complete newbie when it comes to hot tubs!

My question is about my Vita spa draining. In years past I would pull out the hose from the bottom front of the hot tub and open it up to drain the water out via long garden hose. I think (or it appears) something broke or became disconnected in that drain port/hose and now the water quickly will just drain out the drain port right out the bottom of the hot tub!? I've attached pictures and you can see the opening (where the pliers is). How do I reconnect this drain hose? I am a complete novice and cant really afford service charges from the local shop. Also, how does one go about getting to that connection? There are so many pumps and tubes and insulation how does one get to that point to reconnect it? Thanks for your help and advice!

Snapchat-1450666582.jpg

I guess it's reachable if the pliers didn't just fall in place there. You might be able to cut a piece of pvc pipe to fit inside of it, and glue it in there with hose clamps over it on either side. Flexible pvc will adhere to the plumbing pvc that way, or you might want to cap/clamp it off, if that's simpler (presuming the drain valve is broken there).  You can drain a tub with a garden hose without using a drain valve, by putting the hose in the bottom of the tub, turning on the hose for a few seconds to pressurize it, then turning the hose off and removing it from the faucet.

Drain lines are usually 3/4" flex. You should just need a barbed coupler and 2 hose clamps. Under $5 most anywhere you can find them. Remove whatever panel is closest to gain access, assuming you can remove all sides. 

That being said, I'm with Cusser. Cap that sucker and start using a sump, it just makes life easier. That line likely broke because it's brittle and it's the only one that get's moved on a regular basis. If you cap it, you don't have to worry about it breaking somewhere else. 

Good luck sir.