Adding water in winter

Iffer1991

Hey everyone! I’m new to the hot tub world! This may be a dumb question but where I live (northern BC Canada) we get winters that are very cold. -20 -30 -40. My hubby always shuts our water off for our outdoor spouts so they do not freeze. I’m wondering how you all add water in the winter if you can’t use your garden hose? Do you just fill buckets in your sink and do it that way? I’m just trying to prepare as best as I can before it hits! We’re real close here 😂

Also, be sure to read the owner's manual, especially to check that it is set up for winter use, as some tubs have modes for different seasons. Other than that, something the manual may not mention is that you might want to warm yourself up before getting in when it's that cold out: "It is believed that a rapid change in body temperature, attributable to large differences between the bath water temperature and the ambient temperature in the dressing room, is a critical factor that is capable of inducing sudden death, particularly in elderly people"...