Balancing water in spa

Power_Man

Hello all, I’m new to hot tubs. 

Purchaced my first 5 person spa the beginning of 2018. About 1100 liters of water. 

I filled it from my well, which I know is hard water, but I never have an issue with my pool that I put the same water in  

I have a pool place 3 minutes from my house, and they test my water and I follow their instructions to try to balance my water, but My PH constantly rises. It rises by the hour. I can get it to 7.7 and 3-4 hours later it’s back up to 8.4. I have a digital PH tester that matches what their machine printout says, so I know my tester is accurate  

I have googled this, and read a bunch. 

I know that air bubbles raises PH and if the TA is high, it causes it to go up too. So I don’t have my jets turned on unless we are in it. But since balancing my water according to their sheet, on Friday I have to continue to add PH down morning, noon and night. If I let the PH get too high, the calcium (I think that’s what it is) falls out of my water and makes a mess of my spa. 

Please help

In order to get your pH more under control, you will need to get your TA down.  Curious to know what your TA is.  Most hot tubs do best with a TA around 50 and adding borates can help stabilize it, although that is optional. Here is great information on how to lower your TA... Lowering Total Alkalinity.  I would start here.  I personally have a PinPoint pH meter I use when I am lowering my TA so I can see the quick change in pH going down and when it comes back up.  What is your TA?  What did you use to test it?  Test strips are not very reliant...