need a manual

I have an old blue ridge spa that has air switches in it.  The heater relay is not closing and I cannot troubleshoot the problem without a wiring diagram.   This hot tub did not come with a manual since it was a giveaway.   Pump works and I have fixed all of the leaks, but the heater will not engage.   I belive it is a model D-52602 Blue Ridge Hot tub.   How can I find a manual or a wiring diagram.   Any help would be appreciated

The manual for my older spa was pretty useless. no wiring diagram or much of anything but how to turn on the heat, etc.  Is there a way you could post a picture of the control pack so that  someone might identify it?  Once someone knows what controls are in it, there's a chance a wiring diagram could be found.  Good luck.

I am not sure the pic loaded.   Having problems.  I also have a picture of the inside of the box and the control on top of the hot tub, but I seem to be limited on the number of replies with pics I can put on the post.  I have already resized the properties of the picture so the post will accept it.  

I can bypass all of the controls to engage the heater relay and was surprised to figure out by following wiring backwards that the coil of the heater relay operates on 120v, which is what the hot tub plugs into on the GFI outlet I have installed.  Circuit pulls 9 amps with pump running and 21 amps when I bypass all of the controls and engage the heater relay manually, so I know the heater and relay are working.  What I can't figure out is where the 120 volt power comes from that feeds the flow switch.   From the flow switch it appears to go up to the thermostat on the controls at the top of the tub, and then the thermostat cycles the heater.   What surprised me was that this was done with a/c power.    There are two other relays in the center of the box that I believe are Potter Brumfield interlocking relays that allow the air switch or the timer to engage the pump, and that is where I cannot figure things out.   I would assume that the flow switch cannot get voltage unless the pump relay is closed, and then ultimately that the thermostat cannot get voltage until there is flow, providing two ways of ensuring water is flowing before the heat can come on.   I would have thought they would have designed it with some sort of low voltage control. It seems as if the 120V to the flow switch does not occur unless the light is on, which is another reason I need a diagram. There are also two transformers in the top of the box and I believe one is for 12V for the light in the bottom of the tub and the other is control voltage for the interlocking relays, which when I measured seems to be around 32vdc. but I am not able to read the relay voltage on the interlocking relays, without removing a lot of wires and the relays themselves.   There is also another switch on the  left side of the box that I cannot figure out what is does.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...