Framing & Exterior Cabinet Need Replacing

https://www.homedepot.com/p/48-in-x-96-in-Textured-Redwood-Grain-Fiber-Panel-Siding-29055/202190402

A friend gave me his 8-seat CalSpa if I moved it off his back deck. The shell, plumbing and electrical are all in working order. But the internal framing, the bottom and the exterior wood are all rotted. I read on the internets that hottub mfgrs build their units upside-down, with the shell on the bottom. They add the plumbing, electrical, framing, insulation and exterior and then they flip 'em right side up.

Plan A - I reckon I'll flip my hottub over, remove the exterior and then replace all the framing with pressure-treated 2x2's, one piece at a time. Once that's done I'll attach pressure-treated plywood (not that OSB junk) to the bottom framing. Then for the exterior cabinet I was thinking of using composite siding (see link above - $20.42 for a 4x8 sheet at Casa Depot). Good idea or bad idea?

Plan B would be to Engage Cajun Engineering Mode and take vinyl siding, cut it to length, apply it oriented vertically as the exterior. It would be an easy install on the large radius corners too. If any insulation is needed, I can always get a couple sheets of cheap siding insulation - the stuff where there is foil on one side and styrofoam on the other side.

spa2.jpg