Sundance Cameo going to watchdog

xavaria

Hi !

we have a Sundance cameo .  It it going into watchdog mode in those conditions :

when I start a pump it trips to watchdog sometimes(1 chance on 2). It is doing the same thing if I start the other  pump. 

If am lucky and I start one pump and it is not tripping to watchdog, if I start the 2nd pump, it is going to watchdog for sure.

It is not doing it if I start the air blower (less current I assume).   I tested the hi limit and temp sensor (they read around 30Kohms). 

any idea ?  thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

30000 is the appropriate resistance at 77 degrees.  The resistance reading should be the same on both the hi-limit and temps sensor. 

I've seen four things cause a watchdog error:

1) Overheating

2) Bad  hi limit sensor

3) Bad temp sensor

4) Bad circuit board

It can be a timesaver to replace both sensors at the same time.  If they have drifted out of norm and you replace only one, the resistance won't be the same between them and you'll still get the watchdog error.

Dave