Jacuzzi J375 possible Clearray Problem???

technik21

Hi All

I have a 2 and a half year old Jacuzzi J375 tub, and just noticed after putting in a new Clearray bulb, that only the red light is lit on the UV ballast, but not the green light.

Both should apparently be lit according to the instruction manual, with the red light confirming that the system is working, which seems a bit bizarre if the green light is out.

I'm not entirely sure what the green light signifies then?

If I disconnect the low voltage plug from the UV ballast to the bulb, then the red light goes out.

The UV bulb however is actually lit, and on the control panel, the Clearray blue light is lit too, which it normally does if the UV is in action.

I have reset the Clearray timer (which is only a count down timer anyway), and also reset the main power to the tub too, but still only the red light is lit on the UV ballast. 

So I'm not sure if all is well, and that it is simply the green light diode on the ballast that is faulty?

I contacted Jacuzzi and told them the above details, and they said that there was a fault within the Clearray system, and that I would require a new system at a cost of 310 UK pounds / 400 USD plus an engineer's cost to fit the part.  The Clearray is only warrantied for a year.

Apparently the UV ballast unit itself is not available separately to buy, which would be the main culprit, as the other parts are just housing parts for the UV bulb, which I don't need to replace.

So I'm not sure what is going on here, as the UV bulb is actually lit, and appears to be working with the confirmation from the red light on the ballast, and the blue Clearray light on the control panel.

Just no green light on the UV ballast......

Has anyone experienced similar symptoms, or has any suggestions on this?

Many Thanks

Nick 

I'm pretty sure this must be a faulty green light diode on the UV ballast, as I have re read the instruction manual, and the green light is confirmation that there is power to the UV ballast, with the red light confirming power to the UV bulb.

At least I hope that is all. I would have thought the blue Clearray light on the control panel would not light at all, if the system is faulty

Save a fortune on new parts too, if it is just a faulty green light!!

So I may have just answered my own question!!!!

The UV bulb by the way, isn't as bright as I would have imagined, can easily look at it without having to squint, but again guess that is normal.

• 1 year later...
On 8/4/2018 at 4:00 AM, technik21 said:

Hi All

I have a 2 and a half year old Jacuzzi J375 tub, and just noticed after putting in a new Clearray bulb, that only the red light is lit on the UV ballast, but not the green light.

Both should apparently be lit according to the instruction manual, with the red light confirming that the system is working, which seems a bit bizarre if the green light is out.

I'm not entirely sure what the green light signifies then?

If I disconnect the low voltage plug from the UV ballast to the bulb, then the red light goes out.

The UV bulb however is actually lit, and on the control panel, the Clearray blue light is lit too, which it normally does if the UV is in action.

I have reset the Clearray timer (which is only a count down timer anyway), and also reset the main power to the tub too, but still only the red light is lit on the UV ballast. 

So I'm not sure if all is well, and that it is simply the green light diode on the ballast that is faulty?

I contacted Jacuzzi and told them the above details, and they said that there was a fault within the Clearray system, and that I would require a new system at a cost of 310 UK pounds / 400 USD plus an engineer's cost to fit the part.  The Clearray is only warrantied for a year.

Apparently the UV ballast unit itself is not available separately to buy, which would be the main culprit, as the other parts are just housing parts for the UV bulb, which I don't need to replace.

So I'm not sure what is going on here, as the UV bulb is actually lit, and appears to be working with the confirmation from the red light on the ballast, and the blue Clearray light on the control panel.

Just no green light on the UV ballast......

Has anyone experienced similar symptoms, or has any suggestions on this?

Many Thanks

Nick 

Just curious as to what happened with your ClearRay system.... I’m having the same exact issue. Blue light on the panel and only the red light on the ballast.