Gazebo or open air

Hi, we’re getting a hot tub soon and having chosen that, I now realise there’s another decision to be made .... whether to have it in the open air or whether to buy a gazebo (was thinking wooden) for shelter and to make it more of a room if that makes sense.

Am I missing anything when making this decision apart from the fact that you probably won’t be in the sun whilst in your hot tub? all advice welcome 

I would strongly suggest some form of covering for your tub (especially if it's inflatable) for multiple reasons:

1) As you pointed out it provides shelter.  I have my Bestway Miami inflatable tub in a screen room and one of my favorite things to do is go out there during spring showers as you get the nice cool ambient rain breeze combined with the warmth of the tub and it provides the perfect mix for relaxation IMHO.  Surprisingly because of how my screen room is positioned I don't think I have ever gotten an actual rain drop on me.  

2) If you have an inflatable tub (or even a regular one), the hot summer sun can be every bit as hard on a tub as freezing temperatures and direct exposure for several weeks can greatly shorten the life of the pump and the tub.

3) It helps keep dust, debris, etc. out of your tub and as mentioned is easier on bromine levels