Bargain or nightmare

Fanno

As a complete novice to all this, I need some advise in case I'm about to do something both costly and stupid!

So, started work at another posh manor. New owners have bought the home along with a hot tub. Which they are giving away to the site agent. He's unsure as if he really wants the aggro so as it was offered to him,I said I'd give him £500. On closer inspection it's rather old and I'm unsure as to when it last ran. It's a calspar looks like a 6 seater (big). Says 2004 on the plate. I recon i can get this relocated for around £500 again. Question is, would anyone have any idea. What this would potentially cost to rework/repair, get running. Will I be better off just getting myself a newen for around the £4,000 region. Thanks in advance and be gentle! 

Given the age of the tub and the amount that the thing will cost you to get it setup, I would say pass unless you got the tub itself for nearly free.  There are just too many variables with a hot tub to spend that kind of money on a tub that has likely reached the age where a major overall of it's components is needed.