Fuse for Balboa Board

AlanL

Hi all, hoping someone with technical experience can be of assistance here. 

I have a Master Spa Twilight Series 8.2. Recently the #2 pump has had some trouble starting when called for. It will make the sound of a seized motor and trip the breaker.

Fixing the pump isn't the issue here. I have been resetting the breaker and cancelling the #2 pump when it's called for (about 1 minute into the start up cycle) in order to keep the water circulating and disinfected until I perform the pump repair.

The problem is that the control board seemed to stop functioning and when I looked into it, the fuse that protects the pump relay had blown. This fuse is an SC type, 30 amp/1000 volt which I cannot find anywhere. I went to an electrical supply outlet and the fellow there said that he couldn't match the fuse with any of the thousands he has in stock, but he also asked why it would be a 1000 volt fuse. The pumps are 230 volts and the relay should be a simple exchange of voltage over the circuit. 

This dealer has 30 amp/600 volt fuses and I'm just wondering if that fuse will do the trick, or are there other concerns? 

Thanks, 
Al

• 2 weeks later...