Silentflo 5000 replacement E5: 3/4" or 1" barb?

dez93

Hi all,

I've got the dreaded blinking red light on my hot springs jetsetter 2.

I tried various diagnostic steps and after hitting test/30seconds/reset on the plug, the pump 'fires up' i.e. is moving water (how much I don't know) and the heater tubes start warming. For about 30seconds then it trips. Sounds like 99% likely to be the circ pump. I took it out and apart & inspected it, removing a nice sized stone in the process, and revealing discolouration (presumably rust), likely from it sitting dry. Cleaned, reattached, no improvement. From these steps and the pictures, it's likely to be a busted circ pump right?

Presuming so, my main question is: which one do I buy? There seems to be a number of options: 3/4" or 1" barb, in 120 or 240v, or a 3/4" 120/240 which is inexplicably cheaper. Looks like the 120/240 3/4" is the E5 whereas the others are E10 options. Am I therefore right in thinking that the Silentflo 5000 replacement E5 is a 3/4" barb so I can go ahead and buy that?

Thanks in advance. Also any strong recommendations of the $199 Watkins OEM version over the $166 Laing non-OEM version?

Cheers all!

First, see if you can enlist the Hot Springs tech support crew on this forum. They are very helpful. Be prepared to give them your serial no. It may dictate some parts/sizes that are not more universal. In the meantime, what does your existing pump have? You will be connecting to same tubing, so go with what you have. As far as voltage, go with what your system runs on. My Hot Spring spa is 120v, and I replaced bad pump with the Laing E5, 3/4 inch barb to fit existing 3/4 ID tubing. 

Thanks. I think it's 3/4" but I don't know for sure. I figured the Silentflo 5000 would have a standard tube size and if so then the replacement would be the same (i.e. 3/4") but wanted to make sure. I presume it's 3/4" DIAMETER right?