Leaking Jet Line Advice

First off thank you all for your wisdom and assistance!! I have a LA Spas Paradise (about 800 gallons) which I have noticed the water leaking from.  I pulled the side cover of and found a mouse/rat/squirrel has chewed a hole in approx. 3 of the supply lines that feed the jets in one of the seats.  I can access the damaged parts of the hoses, but am unsure what the best method would be to repair.  The hose is clear, red, and flexible - unlike the white "spa" hose I am seeing at home depot.  First I am unsure of the diameter, and don't want to cut a piece out if I don't have to since that will be shortening the line and possibly make it difficult to repair.  Is there a standard diameter for these types of clear plastic jet lines?  Also, am I best off to try one of the "flex seal" types of products, or just cut it at the hole and splice?  Any advice on the best way to splice that type of line as well?  I see lots of videos online, but they all seemed to apply to the solid white corrugated flex hose....  Thanks again!!!

Steve

Funny - just last night I tried a piece of FlexSeal tape underwater to the liner of my above-ground pool over a seam where I'd patched about 4 years ago.  So it's too soon to tell for me. 

An underwater patch kit from Ace Hardware pool aisle (about $4) tried a week ago did not stay attached and will be returned as not performing as to claims/satisfaction.

I've read some reviews and they seem to be 50/50... I'm just cautious about using it since once I do, its very hard to remove, and I may not be able to glue a joint if it needs to be cut because the tape will increase the diameter... Good luck and let me know how it works though please!!