Caldera box 20 30 amp

Rebecca

I recently purchased a 2004 Caldera hot tub and realized after the purchase that I need to buy a 30 amp 20 amp disconnect box. The Dealer's want quite a penny for them is there a way I can do this by piecing one together from stores like Home Depot or Menards please help.

Ha !!!  My 1988 CalSpa did not come new with a GFCI for the tub, just one for the light !!!   Mine's 40-amp, 240 VAC hard-wired, done by professional electricians who also ran the 240 VAC wires through my attic.

I read about GFCI for spas in Popular Mechanics magazine a few years later, and added my own 40-amp GFCI for the tub/heater/pump etc.  So I bought an appropriate-sized circuit breaker and a circuit breaker box and added my own; mine happens to be inside the spa cabinet.  I'm not a professional electrician, but this offers me more protection than I had before.  Plus, the non-GFCI circuit breaker is on the complete opposite side of my house, outside the fence.

DSC06599_zpstk4qus5n.jpg

DSC06598_zps52iy7e2z.jpg