Advice on Buying New Hot Tub

Jason92s

Hello all, we're about to purchase our first hot tub and need a little advice.  We've looked at Caldera and Sundance and found models in our price range ($7k or so).  I've lined up the spec sheets for each and from what I can tell, they seem fairly similar except for a couple differences, and I'm trying to find out how important those differences are:

Caldera - Uses FiberCore insulation, described to us as placing "pillows" inside the cabinet.  They say this is far superior to "spray in" insulation because that kind makes it difficult to work on the spa since the insulation has to be chipped away to see the guts of the spa.  

Sundance - Uses spray in insulation.  They don't use an ozonator, but instead use UV technology with some light that has to be replaced ($80) yearly.

We feel a little overwhelmed by all these marketing terms, and really just want a basic spa we can relax in.  We don't care for stereo systems or waterfalls, we just want a reliable spa.

Any guidance is appreciated.

If you are shopping for a new hot tub, it can be difficult to sift through all the information available. Deciding which factors are the most important and choosing the right hot tub for you can seem impossible. You need a hot tub buying guide to help.

For those looking to buy their first hot tub, there can be a lot of guesswork regarding how often you’ll use the tub and for what. If you are looking to replace your old tub it can be a bit easier. At least you know how you will use it. Even if you’re looking for a replacement tub, though, you probably bought your last one quite some time ago. Features, styles, and materials have come a long way. You might just find yourself second-guessing what options are right for you.

1. Where is the Hot Tub Going?

2. How many People do You Know?

3. What’s it For?

4. Consider the Cost

Avoid Emerald Spas.  We have had one  and the service on the hot tubs is terrible.  To get an appointment takes an act of Congress, they leave you hanging until the day of the appointment and then mess around with the time window you basically wait all day until they decide to come.  I called the company to complain about it and all I got "well this has been our policy for the last 20 years, we let the technician decide when they are going to come" Huh?  Where is your customer focus? Where is the service.  If you are looking for a hot tub, find a more reputable, reliable company.