Pump click sound. Wont start

hcanning

Hi Guys,

So i replaced the board on my antique Qcaspas Ruby+ with a Balboa 52531-03.

When I turn on the pump jets work but it turns off after maybe 10 seconds OR doesn't turn on at all. Pump is 2yrs old. If I click Jets button I can hear pump/board click but that's it. Poured my heart and soul and moolah into fixing this jalopy. See troubleshooting vid: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fq9d161d91wu9e/0620180824.mp4?dl=0

I also replaced the heater and that appears to work. I also get a Dr code indicating flow issue but I drained the tub to rid air locks so don't expect that's accurate. I also released water by pump connections to see if issue was there . Board was originally replaced as terminals blew/short circuited with a temperature wire. I'm baffled how. Bad luck i guess. 

Any help appreciated. 

Thanks. 

With a voltmeter, test the output of the circuit board at the pump receptacle to see if it is sending the proper voltage to your pump.  If it is, the problem is likely the pump.  If you're not seeing the proper voltage from the board, then the problem is probably in the board.

You know, you can't replace a circuit board by the silk screened part number on it.  You need to go by the chip number, which is usually a small white label stuck onto a computer chip on the board.

A motor that turns on for 10 seconds and then shuts down is a sign of the thermal overload in the motor shutting it off.  Is the motor exterior too hot to touch?  It shouldn't be.

If the DR code follows the pump not turning on, it's a sign the pump isn't working.  DR is generally caused by a flow problem.

Dave

• 2 years later...

I have a hot springs portable with a 1.65 hp wave master 7000 pump. The pump would surge a couple times then start. Now it just clicks, the last time it ran for about 30 seconds then shut off motor was hot. Now just clicks. Motor seems to turn over easy. After it clicks I read no power to the motor . Thinking it’s tripped an over protection . Not sure which direction to go at this point . Any help is appreciated thanks Rodney 

• 4 months later...

If this is an inflatable, start a new thread in the inflatable section, if this is a standard tub, please start a new thread in this section and post up pictures of your spa pack internal circuit board, the wiring diagram usually on the cover and your equipment area.

• Like 2