Cheapie Rotomold options

Hello - 

We're looking at basic rotomold spas. Under $3k, 120v/240v convertible, bigger is better, but obviously they're all on the small side. As long as its hot and bubbles, we'll be fine (no need for a zillion jets...)

I had been close to pulling the trigger on an Aquarest AR600-P, but I just saw the Aquaterra Brighton at Costco. I know the components in the Aquarests are decent and they seem to have a good reputation for what they are. They're made by Dreammaker and the Aquaterra's are from Watkins... The Aquaterra is about $350 more, but includes stairs and is dramatically more attractive. The Aquarest basically looks like you're sitting in a giant rubbermaid tote. Anyhow - Does anyone have any input on the comparative quality of these two? They both have 1kw/4kw heaters and ozone. The Aquaterra is only a 1.5HP pump vs 2hp in the Aquarest... Pretty similar overall...

Any input would be great. These are both blind purchases as I have no way to even look at them in person.....

Thanks!!

Liam 

I have a Dreammaker x400 that I bought used over 5 years ago.  It meets our needs which sound similar to yours.   Usually only 2 people so size is fine.  Only problem I have is during the winter (when below freezing) it is hard to keep hot after the lid is opened.  It just can't keep up with the heat loss.  It is a friction heater.

Yeah, the friction heater was the one thing I wanted to avoid. We are in New England, so we need a real heater for Winter. The 4Kw heater should do it. I just want to make sure that whatever I get is not garbage components. I know the Aquarest stuff is decent, but the Aquaterra is an unknown (And I dont know enough about Spas to be able to tell whats what just from pictures...)

So after some more investigation - The Aquaterra (Made by Watkins) uses Gecko electronics and has a 1.5HP pump. The Aquarest (Made by Dreammaker) has Balboa electronics and a 2HP motor.  This really seems to make the Aquarest look like a better idea, but the Aquaterra is deeper and much more attractive. 

Anyone have any input? 

Hey! I just got a Cyanna Valley Spa through Wayfair for under $2500. It's a round Viking spa and a big step up from any Rotomold. Viking makes a super value mid level spa and it has a huge whirlpool jet for additional therapy. They have been in business over 32 years. I've had hot tubs for over twenty years and this is the best value I've ever come across. I tried 2 used Dreammakers but they are leak machines when you move them and no repair person wants to deal with full foam. My 2 cents..good luck! PS it comes with a super powerful 4 hp pump which moves the 250 gallons amazingly.