Alternative to Muriatic Acid Sodium Bisulfate? (and balance chemicals in general)

Researching pH minus chemicals and I haven't seen any alternatives to these. For a small hot tub, I don't mind if it's more expensive if it had some desirable characteristics vs the status quo. I'm not looking for a discussion trying to convince me to use the regular fare, just curious if there are any lesser used alternatives with more desirable characteristics.

For pH up it seems baking soda is the standard, any better, or lesser-known options there?

Total alkalinity is the other adjustment, which I haven't even researched how to adjust yet, but I'm curious about that adjustment in the same scope.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Baking soda (sodium carbonate) is the go-to product to raise both ph and ta.  Dry acid ( Sodium bisulfate) is the go-to product to lower both 

Beware of adjusting ta as if trying to hit a target.  Ph is the more important target especially for acrylic spas which can run low ta levels as needed to Control ph upward drift