Jaws1965

Hotspring Heater Element 31255 Retrofit?

The heater went out (0 Ohms) on my Hotspring Sovereign with 110V/1.5 kW Watkins 31255 4" flange mounted elem.ent.  These elements are no longer available and I'm having no luck finding old stock.  Anyone found a way to retrofit  another heater?  Thermcore has some flange mounted elements that are similar but I'm not sure the electronics would match up.  This is a low flow setup; 1/2" fittings

31255-400.jpg

31255_illustration_sm.jpg

If it was mine, and new elements were no longer available or real expensive, I think I'd make a square block off plate and make a hole in the center so I could use a standard bolt-in or screw-in water heater element from the hardware store.  Even the steel square plate from your old element might be able to be used for this.

My 1988 CalSpa did not have a great set-up for the screw-in element as purchased, I had to modify that to enable easier element changes.

Be innovative !!!

I’m in the same predicament! Replaced my circulation pump and a relay, spent some real money. Found my heater element is gone as well.  All due to a nasty winter storm back in February. So what did you do? I hope there is a solution, need my hot tub! My bones are creaking!

dan

978-499-0562

I had the same problem I replaced the 31255 element in my sovereign hottub about 7 years ago called the dealer I bought it from who told me they were a discontinued item and I would have to buy a $350 replacement heater element. I went on amazon and found this replacement flange heater for $49.99 installed it and now my hottub is heating again , hope this helps .it won’t let me upload the picture of the heater here for some reason ?

Howdy Turbohd1,

I have a 1988 Classic that I have been maintaining for 30 years...and, the last of my OEM heat elements just went out...

I saw your post about finding a replacement flange mounted heater element at Amazon...

Do you have the part #?

Thanks in advance...

hot_springs_classic_1988.jpg