Jacuzzi J470 - Temperature Reading off, water too hot

coursonb

I have a Jazuzzi J470 that is about 8 years old.  The temperature is set at 104F, but currently reads 96F.  I went to get in the tub last night, and the water was unbearably hot, and I needed to exit immediately.  Today, I took a meat thermometer (all I had available) and stuck it in the water to get a quick, rough estimate on the temperature.  The actual water is measuring around 116F, which is in line with the extremely hot water I felt the other night.  Has anyone encountered something similar before?  Since the actual water temperature is higher than the set point of 104F, is there an issue with the high limit, or temperature measurement in general?  Before I do yet another service call on the hot tub, I wanted to see if anyone has encountered this before, and if there's something quick I can do on my end to fix things.

See if your controls have hi-limit reset or spa limit resets. If neither is tripped at that high temp i would get ready to replace either the thermostat or high or spa limit sensors. Check for test procedures with your spa manufacturer's tech people for all 3 first to narrow down your search. I would start with thermostat test of continuity and resistance. As for limit sensors follow the maker's guidance.

• 4 weeks later...