Downsides to buying a Production Run model - Hot Springs Sycamore

Rachaelk

Hello community, I am trying to decide between a Caldera Marino and a Hot Springs Spa Sycamore. They would be exactly the same price, $5995. The Sycamore is a bit larger and has more jets, but it it's a special offer because they are doing a "production run on a certain model and offering it to key accounts. Dealers have to buy in truckload quantities to get the deal and pass on savings." Does this sound legit? Any thoughts?

The Sycamore is a real hot tub.  It is offered to larger Hot Spring dealers and you do have to buy a truckload at a time.  The shell design is based off the older Caldera Moorea, which was available from 2006 - 2010.  I have never personally seen this hot tub and am not a large enough dealer to have been offered this deal.  I cannot comment on the ergonomics of the shell, the components, insulation, build quality, etc.  Based on the few pictures I have seen and the dealers I have talked to, I would stick with the Marino.  

Thanks so much for your reply. I am planning to have decking around it so you won't see any of the cabinet. It is 7 inches bigger on one side and has 50 more jets, so i was leaning toward the Sycamore. Do you think production run models have the same quality as the rest of the Hot Springs brand models?

My thought for sticking with the Marino is that I know what I am getting with it.  With the Sycamore, I see a nice looking layout, in my opinion.  However, I see a different cabinet, different electronics, and a lot of little precision jets (not the most therapeutic).  What I cannot tell is how it is insulated, what the warranty is, or the build quality.