2008 Cal Spa Broken Pipe

dugedug4

Hello - it looks like I froze a pipe over this harsh winter.  I cut the old flex pipe out and looking inside where it was connected to looks like something blocking the flow that is shattered?  Any idea what i'm looking at?  I don't want to glue it all back together if there is something else going on inside.  The pipe is what feeds the main pump and has a few small hoses attached to the side of it...I believe it connects to the suction maybe?     

Thanks!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

After looking a bit further it appears the leak is coming from the bottom jet in the last picture.  Can I just cap that off for now or will that mess with the flow?

5.jpeg

The shattered pvc is inside the pipe that leads the large jet with garden hose in the last picture.  The flex pipe that leads to the jet has a Y that taps into the line that feeds the main pump.

Do those jets have some kind of check valve/baffle behind them for pressure when they turn on/off?  Maybe that's what is shattered?

Sorry, there's no frame of reference in the photos so I don't know what I'm looking at.  I've never seen a jet with a check valve/baffle.  Jets are, for the most part, extremely uncomplicated, just a few holes for air and water.

My guess is that you should remove and replace the jet housing.  I'm not sure what's shattered, but I am sure it's not supposed to be.

Dave