Can liquid chlorine last for a week in my pool?

I know a little about maintaining my pool but just don't have the time so we recently hired a pool company to maintain it for us. I have heard how the stabilizer levels can rise from using the tablets and cause you to drain and refill your pool. The pool company told me that they come by once a week and do not use tablets, just liquid chlorine and that i did not have to add any throughout the week. Is that possible or am i being lied to because most people i talk to have to add liquid chlorine at least every 2-3 days?

• 1 year later...
On 4/9/2018 at 5:36 PM, Wyatt Earp said:

I know a little about maintaining my pool but just don't have the time so we recently hired a pool company to maintain it for us. I have heard how the stabilizer levels can rise from using the tablets and cause you to drain and refill your pool. The pool company told me that they come by once a week and do not use tablets, just liquid chlorine and that i did not have to add any throughout the week. Is that possible or am i being lied to because most people i talk to have to add liquid chlorine at least every 2-3 days?

If you have to add liquid chlorine every few days then you need to have water tested to see what else you need to add to make water up to par. It do not sound right having to add chlorine every few days. We do use hydroclorie acid to help.