Thermospa-Paid for, but no ozonater?

Wolfie74

I recently purchased our second hot tub.  The Caldera we had at the last house was sold with the home.  After doing some research, I bought a Thermospa, because they seemed to be built very well, and their factory direct pricing implied I would get a better deal.  After paying what I thought is too much for the spa, we had it installed and no real issues.  After the first drain/refill, I looked for the ozonator system, which is supposed to be mounted along front panel wall.  Am I missing something?  It was 1500 extra and I don't think they included it.

$1500 is absurd for an ozone.  I cannot see any scenario where an ozone cost more than $400.  If you cannot find it, take the cover off the control box.  There will be a schematic on the inside of the cover.  Find where the ozone should be plugged into and that will tell you if they installed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a photo of a thermospa ozonator from their website:

https://online.thermospas.com/product-p/ap1220.htm

BTW, they list it at $249, not $1500.  If they really charged you $1500 for a $249 component, I'd give them a call and ask them to explain why.  Thermospa is a good company and doesn't make a living ripping off its customers.  It could be a mistake, or it could be a misunderstanding.

Dave