2007 Vanguard Side Removal

B Hudson

I have a 2007 Hot Springs Vanguard spa that has a slow leak in the back right hand corner of the spa. I suspect it's in the Moto-Massage jet because it stops leaking when the water level gets just below that point. My question is, can the outside panels be removed in order to repair it. There are no screws and I don't see any staples even though I have read that they are held in place with staples. Do the panels just pry off? Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Hotsprings are a pain to work on because the sides are both glued and stapled on.  You can get those sides off, but it'll never look as good when you put them back.

Working from the bottom of a slat, pry it away with a screwdriver.  You're going to have to be careful and patient.  You'll probably have to pick away 4 or so inches of pumped in foam to get to the back of the moto massage housing.  There's usually an outer layer of very hard foam, which is almost like plastic, that you'll need a tool to break away, and then a softer inner layer of foam you may be able to pick apart with your fingers.

There's a plastic nipple in the moto massage backr that tends to break off.  I've bought brass nipples with threaded backs, and drilled the broken nipple out and replaced it with the brass.  Inside the tub it connects to the moto-massage wand.  In the cabinet, it attaches to a small hose.  See here:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/0dPJtPOVYvDP5ZBM2

It's a lot easier than spending a couple hundred bucks on the moto-massage housing and then spending a day screaming and cursing trying to get the old one out,.

Dave

• 1 year later...
On 3/19/2018 at 4:39 PM, B Hudson said:

I have a 2007 Hot Springs Vanguard spa that has a slow leak in the back right hand corner of the spa. I suspect it's in the Moto-Massage jet because it stops leaking when the water level gets just below that point. My question is, can the outside panels be removed in order to repair it. There are no screws and I don't see any staples even though I have read that they are held in place with staples. Do the panels just pry off? Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Did you ever find out the answer to removing the side panels on the Vanguard model Hot Springs spa?