Easy Touch 4 not responding

Dhard

I have an Easy Touch 4 with a Intellipro VS pump, two light circuits, blower, and a Pentair chlorinator. Pentair controls are not real common in this area due to market share more down south but this is what was at the house I bought and always believe if is not broke, don't mess with it. Always worked well for me.

Recently an Armadillo chewed through my wires going to my intake actuator causing it not to switch when I turn on the spa. I discovered the shorted wires. I turned off all power in the main panel and repaired the shorted wires. Turned power back on put in SERVICE mode and checked the actuators by hitting the valve button. They worked. Put control back to AUTO and pump would not come on. Removed the high voltage cover and check current coming out of all breakers. They were good. None of the three little circuit breakers at the top right of the control panel were tripped. I checked the pump relay high voltage and had no current coming out of the load connections. Had current on the line connections. Checked the low voltage on the relay and discovered that current was going through the relay but the board was not energizing the relay. I swapped the connector on the back of the board from the blower which is on Aux 3 and energized the blower button and the current flowed. That circuit does not have the capability to schedule on a 4. Got out the manual and found that the Intellipro VS was wired through the relay and not direct current to the pump as manual said. I wired the pump to direct current hit the pump button and the pump works, Spa side control works and so does in inside panel, but neither would turn on pump before I rewired the motor. Checked to make sure pump was addressed as "1". However even though pump works the relay still does not energize for the chlorinator. Second problem was Aux 1 which is the pool light was on. I could cut it manually off but it would come back on when it wanted to. Totally went back through the programming and found no errors.However it appears after sitting a couple of days the light circuit AUX 1 has stayed off, which is no major problem. Could wire it with the spa light on Aux 2. After checking the program and relay still did not energize I tried a new relay for the fun of it. Same thing no work. I hit the reset button on the panel, no change, turned power off to control for a day, still does not work. Called Tech Support and we went back through programs and checked voltages and the Tech Guy, who seemed more knowledgeable than most felt that the motherboard had severe issues but could not tell me why one of the circuit breakers did not trip due to the short. We even erased the EEPROM to see what that did. Okay my question:

If I was to set the IntelliPro address to 2 and program pump 2 in the settings menu do you think that the relay would energize by doing that or do you have an better idea. I have been afraid to manually ground the other side of the low voltage relay because I did not want to damage the motherboard. Any help or advice would be deeply appreciated. I 

If you inspect the relay socket at the board, and find that the solider joints are good, you may want to try the below suggestion before you buy a board...

You need to confirm that the system is set to control, and recognize the pump properly.  Look in the settings menu for Circuit functions and then confirm that  Pool is set to "MASTER POOL".  If that is good, then you need to confirm that the pump has a pump speed assigned to "POOL". 

Look in:

MENU/SETTINGS/INTELLIFLO/PUMP #X (X = pump in question)/SPEEDS/

Now, look at the first line of the display.  It should read: Pump #1............1/8.  1 is flashing. At this point scroll till " pool" comes up in the bottom line of the display.  If you dont see "pool" in any of the 8 presets, that could be why you aren't getting the pump going on.  Once you connect the comm cable to the E/T and the pump,  you need to assign a speed to any aux you want to assign the pump to.  

Note: If you are using a comm cable to control the pump, you don't need to use a relay to control the pump. You (should) wire the pump DIRECTLY to the breaker.  On off switching occurs within the pumps 'Drive" unit mounted on the motor via commands from the E/T.  This is how the manufacturer recommends you hook up power to the pump, when controlling with automation.