Hot Springs 1992 Soverign

Amandarlee

Hey guys I have a wonderful 1990 to Hot Springs Soverign hot tub .  I've had no issues with it it runs beautifully and  everything about it is immaculate . 

The only issue is my heating element broke this weekend .  I have tried to get replacement parts and cannot Pantley Watkins the company that makes the heating element went out of business last year I have attached the pictures of my heating element if anyone has  same hot tub saying heating element please let me know I'm very dire search of it . 

I have searched every Avenue online and contacted every company online that I know and this part is no longer made and is absolutely obsolete . 

No photo attached,, but I'm guessing you're talking about a trumpet heater?  With 3/4" tubing for water?  If that's the case, you can replace with a standard Watkins no-fault heater, you're just going to have to do some plumbing re-alignment. 

Dave

I was able to cross reference through a catalog to a different part number that it says is compatible:   http://www.hotspringpartshotspringfilters.com/47-555-2150-element-watkins-15kw-120v?language=en&currency=USD&gclid=CjwKCAiAoNTUBRBUEiwAWje2lqkIHOMzpLlMA5wCNCONmf3PWEX_Nq17B4oeAbW0yZVAcCNZNaqveRoCUgwQAvD_BwE

Sorry about the long URL, that's the way it came up.

Make sure you order the mounting gasket, that's sold separately.

Dave

It may be time to get out the thinking cap and duct tape.  This is starting to sound like a job for MacGyver.

There is a "Universal Lo-flo" heater that uses 3/4" tubing as a replacement for Watkins:  http://hottubpartsofamerica.com/hotspring-heater-low-flow-retrofit-4-0kw-watkins-iq2000-system/

The sensors and electrical connections are for an IQ2000 electronic pack, but depending upon what you've got you may be able to adapt it to your tub.  Does your heater box have sensors in it, or are the sensors in the plumbing lines?  You would need to connect the bare wires from the Universal heater to the plug that you've already got.  Be careful, use a good physical connection, don't just wrap them up with electrical tape. 

The universal heater has the sensors for the temperature and hi-limit safety pre-installed.  If you don't need them, just leave them in-place as plugs.   I don't know what you have in your existing heater but I doubt it's the same.  If you can figure out how to share some photos, I might be able to suggest more.  I would need to see the photo of the entire heater, not just the element, and the electronics box for the hot tub.  I would also need to see what kind of sensors you have, if any,  in the plumbing lines and where they are installed.  Look for wires coming out of PVC pipes.  Just put the photos onto pinterest, instagram, a photo sharing website or your google drive and share the link.

Dave

• 8 months later...