All jets working minus one corner (they are in the open position).

kallell

So recently, I checked my hottub to find 4 inches of ice (some cold weeks of winter) on the top. I got rid of the ice and got it back functioning. While everything works well, one of the corner jets do not seem to function. The top ones of that corner occasionally spout out water when I first do the jets button, but nothing consistent. I also noticed one of the rubber tubs actually busted in that area. I have since replaced the tubing, but the jets still are not functioning correctly.

Furthermore, it sounds like the hottub is trying to use the jets, but fails (it'll make the noise like it's trying to pump water to that area once or twice, then gives up for 30 seconds or so).

Model wise, it's a master spa contractor series (2012).

If one jet isn't working, it's usually a kink in the water line or the jet itself is clogged.  If the entire seat isn't working, look to the diverter valve as the issue.  If the pump tries to turn on but then give sup for 30 seconds, the motor itself is probably the problem.

Dave

Hey Dave,

I noticed upon further investigation, that it's actually more than just one side. It seems that it's about half the jets in the hottub - in groups rather than random ones working here or there. So water does flow just fine through half the jets, but other others will only work briefly if i hit the "AUX" button. I can provide a video of the noise if that helps. 

That would suck if that's the case. But wouldn't that button not do anything for any of the jets then upon button press (since half still seem to work) then? And wouldn't the jets then work under the normal jet operations (since half still don't regardless of the maintenance cycles or manual jet setting). 

Many hot tubs use 2 pumps, one for roughly each half of the spa.

Often, pump 1 is a two speed pump where low speed runs the heater and high speed provides more jet turbulence.  Usually (but no always) Pump 2 is a single speed pump that just provides flow through half the jets.  (Some tubs have 3 pumps with each controlling a third of the jets, and some tubs also use a circulation pump for the heater and pump 1 is only for jets)

You said that if you press the AUX button, the jets turn on "briefly."  What could be happening is the pump turns on, quickly overheats for whatever reason, and the thermal switch shuts it down.

Dave