110V tap available in Hotsprings Sovereign?

gogators93

It's not a question of can you, it's a question of should you.  Hot Springs spent a lot of time, effort and money designing an electric tub of water and having it certified through UL Laboratories as being safe for you to climb into.  You're talking about changing the design. I wouldn't work on, let alone climb into, a hot tub knowing the owner had rewired it themselves.

In the trades, every time you read about someone getting electrocuted, you often find the phrase "modified by the homeowner."

If you need 110V by the tub, a separate outlet on its own circuit, professionally installed, grounded and GFCI protected, would be the way to do it.

Dave

You didn't state what this 120 VAC would be for; if for a TV or stereo, best to mount and wire it away from the spa and use the remote control.

My kids got us a 37" flat screen TV last year; got a ceiling mount and hung it from the patio roof rafter, use the remote control to operate it safely while in the spa.

33 minutes ago, Cusser said:

You didn't state what this 120 VAC would be for; if for a TV or stereo, best to mount and wire it away from the spa and use the remote control.

My kids got us a 37" flat screen TV last year; got a ceiling mount and hung it from the patio roof rafter, use the remote control to operate it safely while in the spa.

That's the right way to do it.  Of course, you never hang anything electric DIRECTLY over the spa where it could fall in and electrocute you.

Dave

2 hours ago, Cusser said:

Sorry.  I did leave that out.  My hot tub has the ACE system which I'm one of the ones that have grown tired of replacing cells.  I love using a salt system so I'm going with a third party system that uses 110V.  I just want to do a clean install and not have cords running all around my tub so wanting to get power from the hot tub and run the cell like the ACE cell into the well.  So not adding anything crazy.   Just a spa accessory.  Also, I am not looking to modify the wiring.  I know there are a lot of accessories that can be added to hot tubs so I was assuming there would be accessory power sources on the board for adding components.  Sort of like a computer motherboards has expandable features.

P.S.  As this shows as the official board for Hot Springs, I'm not advertising the system I am trying and not bad mouthing the ACE system.