What is a fair price to pay for a new spa/hottub

BigMatt

We have been looking at the 2017 Clarity balance 7 with the dream lights but are not sure what to pay that is fair. The dealer says that suggested list is $14,999 which we feel is absurd. I'm inclined to think somewhere around $9,000 or less any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 

I have no knowledge of Master Spa pricing.  Clarity is their entry level line.  My best guess is that hot tub probably shouldn't sell for more than $7k max.  Master Spas, while not the worst quality product, is not considered premium by any means like a Hot Spring, Caldera, Bullfrog, Sundance, Jacuzzi, D1, etc and as such should not be priced the same.  Too many better options for $9k.

What are your other local options?  The Marquis E545 or V84L, Caldera Marino / Hot Spot Relay, Jacuzzi J-235, Artesian South Seas 748L, D1 Wayfarer, Sundance Peyton, and Bullfrog X7L are all 7' single lounger spas that are in my opinion better quality from more reputable manufacturers and all likely at that same price point and many would be less.

• 6 years later...

Buy it. Masterspas is the best out of hot springs , jacuzzi, Sundance , best insulation best cleaning systems American made unlike jacuzzi / Sundance. Went to 3 Masterspas dealers and all priced around 15k and well worth it when compared to other brands we looked at. Their hot tub is superior in every way

• Haha 2

On 3/23/2024 at 8:39 AM, Scottyd said:

Buy it. Masterspas is the best out of hot springs , jacuzzi, Sundance , best insulation best cleaning systems American made unlike jacuzzi / Sundance. Went to 3 Masterspas dealers and all priced around 15k and well worth it when compared to other brands we looked at. Their hot tub is superior in every way

First, I doubt your advice will be used by the OP, who was looking at hot tubs 6 years ago. Then we get into MasterSpa, their business practices and quality. MasterSpa makes an OK spa. It isn't a top tier spa. There is not anything outstanding about them. Hot Springs, Sundance, Artesian, Bullfrog, Marquis and Jacuzzi are far better tubs. The biggest issue with MasterSpa is that they use the travelling roadshow to sell tubs and then it's just about impossible to get warranty service (dealer are the ones to honor the warranty and the roadshow dealer really could care less about you once you fork over your cash).

Do you work for a MasterSpa dealer? Sure sounds like it.

• Haha 1