Shortened for clarity - Caldera Paradise Martinique not heating

TheWGP

Appreciation for all help past and present - edited this to make it shorter and clearer:

2002 Caldera Paradise Martinique running fine, but tub giving wonky temp readouts - ordered thermistor.

Tub wasn't heating regularly - only when I flipped breakers off and on.  Note, I can tell this because I have a special AEP app on my phone that shows my power usage, so I can see the big spike of the heater kicking on.

Replaced thermistor - seemed to go fine, used silicone to fasten it in.  Flipping breakers immediately before this AND after this, even with the filter completely removed, does NOT get the heater to come on anymore.

Quick on-off on-off of breakers does not get heater to kick on.  

Circ pump appears to be working, flow is going through, circ pump is humming.  Ran without filter installed for about half an hour, including a power off, still no heat. Heater is not warm to the touch.

LED's on control board:  LIM OK solid green, HTR ON solid red, Control Disconnected off.  LED's on heater relay board: R19 is steady green, R18 is flashing red. 

Just got a multimeter so I can test using that if it would help.

From reading the forums, I am wondering if the heater relay board may be shot, with that LED blinking?  I would be disappointed as it was brand new April 2017, but it is what it is.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

8 hours ago, Mbjah808 said:

What is the app you use. Sry bout the heat can’t help that :(

It's from AEP, It's Your Power.  It is only available if one has a smart meter, they give out a special "energy bridge" which is really an interface between their meter reading tech and WiFi.  Unfortunately, not a lot of folks have smart meters yet, it's up to power companies when to install them, so it's only in limited availability.

Wish I could help and hope you find the problem and the fix, as our Caldera is having a very similar problem.  It wouldn't kick on to heat without an OFF/ON reboot and not always then.  We were away for a week and turned it down to 80.  Our daughter checked it and it only took one reboot to hold 80 for a week.  When we returned home, I ran it up to UT1 and it's been holding 105 for two weeks now.  It's difficult to understand why raising/lowering the set temp should make a difference, but as long as it's holding, we aren't touching that button.

jack vines