Metal flakes in water?

Rudy68

Hello all!

A new hot tub owner here.  We bought an Arctic Spa Tundra Spa Boy system as a floor model deal.  We had to get the Eco Pack replaced because Spa Boy didn't work.  So our water got pretty ugly.  Adding the fact that I never maintained water before, so a huge learning curve for me. The day we got the tub, I started filling it with well water.  But about 1/4 way up, the water was a dark grey color.  I decided to drain it and put city water in.  There was black stuff on the bottom of the tub.  The install guy said that dirt will be cleaned up by the filter system.

Now after a  little more than a month, I got my water under control.  But my water still has a light green tint to it.  Yesterday I saw some black stuff on the bottom, the water was still. So I went in, cleaned it up.  And I think it's metal flakes from the well water.  Could this be causing our water to be green?

Thanks!

Rudy

Take a sample of the well water and a separate sample of the current green spa water to a real water chemist for testing to see what exactly is in your water. Prepare to do a flush of your water using AhhSome, drain and refill using the best source water you can. balance according to forum advice . Try to avoid whatever water caused the deposits. Good luick