Showing no sanitizer on test

Bulldozer

cannot get a reading on sanitizer in arctic onzen salt hot tub after replacing heater.  Had to add water and re-add more salt still no sanitizer reading after 2 weeks.

Have shocked and still get no sanitizer for chlorine using taylor test kit or test strips even though water is clear. Not sure whats wrong salt cell smokes ok.

Hey Bull!

I also have an arctic Onzen salt hot tub.  I had it about a month.  First few weeks I had the same issue.  It produced no chlorine.  I'll make this short, I have to run.  They replaced my EcoPack, and it fixed the problem.  Until then, I kept adding a capful of boost every couple days.  How does your water look?  I'm guessing pretty ugly.

Rudy

18 minutes ago, Bulldozer said:

Water not that bad maybe ozenator helping .

Notice tonight salt cell looks like its getting weak. Going to change cell and see if that helps.

You know.  On the spa boy app on the phone, there is a little battery icon, just below the spa boy name.  That should tell you if your salt cell needs replacing,  I just saw this on youtube on the arctic spa Utah channel.  It's weird your water is clear but no chlorine.  I was told that ideal level should be .5 ppm

Ok trip to arctic dealer with water test sanitizer showed .43 ,probably that's why still have clear water. What the found is I have phosphates at 400 ppm 

Which are hard on salt system sanitizer. Used some phos-free showing better sanitizer after 1 day . The only problem is you use a clarified which your filters catch then you change filters which have been cleaned with filter cleaner that has phosphates in them. I'm sure that is the only way phosphates get in the tub.              

Just wondering if anybody knows where you can buy a filter cleaner with no phosphates up here in Canada.