Sundance Caprio Heat Button not working

Dazz

Any suggestions how to resolve a non responding temperature heat button on a Sundance Caprio? - I found the spa set at 40 deg C (104 F). I turned it down to 34 deg C (93 F) as it was not being used. Some days later when we sought to turn it up to 37 deg and the heat button did not respond in any way. The cool button responds and I was able to reduce the display temperature to 18 deg C (64 F) which was strange as it always stopped at a minimum of some 33 deg C. I cannot raise the temperature display from 18 which it reads when the cool button is pressed only.  The little red light is inactive at all times.

Both the actual water temperature and display still read at 34.4 deg which is now some 2 weeks after the issue was found.. We have tried switching the spa off to "reset" but no change. Is it possible that because it was left for some time at 40 deg C during a period of hot weather days that it has "triggered" a thermal cut out or some other isolating feature? or has a sensor been affected?

All other functions seem to be operating normally.

If all but one button is operating properly, chances are the button is bad.  In the Sundance repair manuals, it usually says "replace the topside with one from your truck to see if that takes care of the issue."  But unless you repair a lot of Sundance hot tubs, you're not likely to have a spare  topside to check it with.

One thing you can do is remove the side so you can hear the relay's activating, and see if pressing the button produces a "click" sound when the button is depressed.  If it does, it means the topside is working and the problem is elsewhere.  As long as you're inside the tub, carefully trace the wire that goes from the topside to the circuit board.  Rodents like to chew on wires, and I've encountered quite a few chewed up wires over the years.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Dave for your help. - No luck so far. It's been near 2 weeks since looking at it and now the temperature read out is displaying 32 deg C (not the 18 deg C anymore) , the hot button is still not working, and the cold button has also stopped functioning ( which could be a correction of its previous out of character way)

On 13/01/2018 at 8:39 AM, Dazz said:

I cannot raise the temperature display from 18 which it reads when the cool button is pressed only.  The little red light is inactive at all times.

.  I think the next step could be an expensive trial and error  part replacement process. - Any other suggestions?

Cheers Dazz

No relay clicking sounds heard - Sorry not to mention before. Fuses test ok. New crimp terminals fitted to heat affected wiring at relays. No other heat affected circuit board parts observed. What is the likely hood of no other parts on the circuit board being affected if the relays are the fault and are replaced?