Caldera Makena or Marino?

NYGuy

I'm going back and forth between a Caldera Makena and the Marino and was wondering if anyone has any feedback on either one? The biggest difference that I'm seeing between them is the warranty on the Marino is 2 yrs on the components vs 5 yrs for the Makena. The Marino also does not have the circulator pump. Less jets on the Marino too. Both come with ozone and the price difference is around $2500. I'm concerned that a hot tub may become a novelty after a while so my knee jerk reaction is to go with the less expensive Marino. But the Makena seems to be a better build. Any feedback?

I sell Caldera.

Makena is bigger than the Marino, it does have more jets and larger pumps, longer warranty, circulation pump, larger filter, and therapy (in my opinion).  Ozone is technically optional on both, but it will run 24/7 on the Makena with the circulation pump and therefore be more effective.

Makena also uses a different heater and different electronics.  I think for the money, the Marino is a really nice hot tub but at the same time, there are a lot of upgrades that justify the price of the Makena.

Build quality wise, they are similar.  They have the same cabinet and insulation, but the base is slightly better on the Makena.

The Makena has the 24/7 circulation pump which is more efficient to run than one of the jet pumps.  Makena is also a bigger spa, so I would say the circulation pump offsets the additional operating cost of it being a larger spa.

As for less chemicals, again, I think 24/7 filtration does a better job keeping the water clean and slightly reducing chemical dependency.

if I’m upgrading to the Makena, my reasons would be because the larger size is more beneficial or fits you better, the 24/7 circulation pump, additional therapy, longer warranty, and I do like the upgraded electronics and heater.

I fit really well in the Makena, but because the lounge on the Marino does not have the foot jets, I would skip the lounge and get the Vanto instead of the Marino.