Oxidizer Shock vs Ozone Generator??

PinkFloydEffect

I am still learning the best I can, and have recently discovered the chlorine free shock method of super oxidizing the water. I do not fully understand it, but am wondering if it can be used with chlorine to make the chlorine more effective OR allow me to use lower concentrations of chlorine. 

My Hot Springs tub has an ozone generator with bubbles that rise from the floor, so it already has some form of a natural sanitizing system but I still use chlorine. Now I am wondering how related that the ozone method is to the chlorine free oxidizing shock method? Is the concept the same? Can someone break it down and make the relation between the two for me? 

Thanks 

• 6 months later...

For your clarification this could i thing so , Oxidizer Shock is a  non-chlorine sanitizing  treatment which restores clarity in spa water by eliminating organic contaminates where as Ozone generators intentionally produce the toxic gas ozone. Specifically, they are advertised to deodorize, disinfect, kill or remove dangerous or irritating airborne particles in indoor environments. Check here for  Ozone Application Technologies

Thanks