Intelliflo pump vibration on low speeds

ecstatic

Are there any hydro techies out there who can help with my plumbing issues. A little background: I have a used 500 gallon cedar tub outside near an outside wall. I have three suction fittings on a 3" line running through the wall and down to my basement. pump is about 8' below waterline. I have sweeps at 90"s and 15" of straight pipe to pump. The return is  2.5" with a 3-way Jandy 8" above pump that diverts water to a Pentair C&C 75 filter, and Mastertemp 125 heater, (this loop then wye's back into the 2.5" return line). I use the 3-way so I can open up the flow on high speeds and not over pressurize the filter. Everything works fine except on speeds below 1400 rpm then the pump starts to vibrate and this vibration and sputtering worsens as speed is decreased to 450 rpm. I live in Ohio and would like to run at low rpm during winter for efficiency. There is no air in the pump ( had a pentair service call today that verified it wasn't cavitation). The pool tech thought that it was a design fault of having my pump in gravity feed with too much pressure. I sent pictures along with descriptions to a pentair tech, and they want me to call in a local pool company. I reach out from 6 local companies when I set the tub up but they only work on hot tubs they sell. This is a lightly used Robert's Hot Tub. 

Can anyone advise me? This pump is a couple of weeks old. Should and Inteliflo vsp (from Amazon) be vibrating. As it stands Pentair will most likely charge me for this warranty call since they deem it is a design flaw. Before I bought the pump I contacted Pentair pump tech line and described in detail the system. They gave me the green light saying that all I would need is a flow switch for the heater. 

Oh great pump/hydraulics  techie please help!

Michael

• 3 weeks later...