2015 Grandee Control Panel Error

bass2ply

Hello,

I own a 2015 Hot Spring Grandee, which I purchased second-hand so no warranty.

The other night, I had the jet settings set to the second setting, all jets, and the moto massage was working.  After a minute, it stopped moving up and down.  I changed the jet setting from low to high, and the moto massage started working again but stopped after a minute, again.  Last night, the hot tub shut down completely with an error on the control panel stating something like, "reset breaker or clean filters....".  After I got out, I reset the breakers, and the controller was working again.

When I purchased the spa, the original owners stated that they had some issues with the control panel, and they would have to take the battery out of the back and reinstall to fix the issue.  I was not paying close enough attention, or had much knowledge, to understand the problem or ask follow up questions.

Would the control panel cause the moto jets not to function properly?  Would a bad control panel be the cause of the issues I described?  Are there any troubleshooting steps I can take to narrow down the issue?

The spa was drained and refilled a week ago, and all the filters were cleaned thoroughly.

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

Was the error you got a "protection mode" error? The control won't stop the moto massage, specifically, from working. It will stop the jet pumps. I've had some issues with the weir door getting stuck while in operation and causing the pumps to suck the filter cavity completely dry, forcing the protection mode error on 2015-2016 high life spas. If that is the case, Watkins offers a modified wier door to solve the issue.