Thermo Spas

BGore

Had a meeting with the Thermo Spa rep and was impressed with the features and the quality of the spas. Have heard they are over priced and just moderate tubs. I have seen some test results of comparisons of energy costs and these spas are competitive and beating out some top names for energy efficiency. I like the idea of the non foam filled spa for the simple ability to fix or repair tub without the inconvenience of removing the foam. The actual shell thickness is much thicker than foam filled tubs annd supports the tub even with all sides removed. I would like to hear of any input from others positive or negative.

Had a meeting with the Thermo Spa rep and was impressed with the features and the quality of the spas.

Wow, you're impressed with their quality and they've NEVER even shown you a real spa. I've seen awesome spa brochures before for so-so spas that sure make the spa look like a diamond (and so have you now). ALL they've shown you is a quality spa PRESENTATION, not a quality spa. You just have to have the leap of faith that they'll deliver what they say they are selling. It's your chance to take. If they weren't so overpriced it would be one thing but to take that leap for one of the most expensive spas around is a stretch. Don't be fooled by the huge price tag, it is there to give perceived value and does not guarantee it's a top notch spa. They're bascially selling you a picture of a $7k spa for $10k and you have to hope its as nice as it looks in the picture and BTW, if you have a problem the dealer won't be 10 miles away. Good luck.

Had a meeting with the Thermo Spa rep and was impressed with the features and the quality of the spas. Have heard they are over priced and just moderate tubs. I have seen some test results of comparisons of energy costs and these spas are competitive and beating out some top names for energy efficiency. I like the idea of the non foam filled spa for the simple ability to fix or repair tub without the inconvenience of removing the foam. The actual shell thickness is much thicker than foam filled tubs annd supports the tub even with all sides removed. I would like to hear of any input from others positive or negative.

well i would have to disagree with that . the foam is not just for inslation it is also suport for the plumbing. imagein a 4 ft 3" pipe with water in it it is heavy. aslo imaging water pulsing on and off. and the fact that chemicals will dry out the plumbing. it will break down much faster then a full foam spa would.

:wacko: <Banging head against wall>

Well, the salesman obviously pushed all your right buttons. Buy it! QUICKLY, before you can research it and actually make a well-informed decision on a run-of-the-mill generic spa that is priced at least 30% over it's actual value. The salesman is chomping at the bit thinking about the FAT commission he is about to get. I only get 3% commission. I wish I could sleep well at night if I overcharged someone by 30%. :( Good luck, we tried to help, I wish you well. :)

Terminator

Wow, you're impressed with their quality and they've NEVER even shown you a real spa. I've seen awesome spa brochures before for so-so spas that sure make the spa look like a diamond (and so have you now). ALL they've shown you is a quality spa PRESENTATION, not a quality spa. You just have to have the leap of faith that they'll deliver what they say they are selling. It's your chance to take. If they weren't so overpriced it would be one thing but to take that leap for one of the most expensive spas around is a stretch. Don't be fooled by the huge price tag, it is there to give perceived value and does not guarante it's a top notch spa. They're bascially selling you a picture of a $7k for $10k and you have to hope its as nice as it looks in the picture and BTW, if you have a problem the dealer won't be 10 miles away. Good luck.

The onlly thing thermo has going for them is there sales presentation, I had a service call from a themo custumer that was unhappy with the lead time for repair. The temp was about 5 degrees f at the time, when I arived at the house I asked the home owner what he paid for the spa. when he told me I was shocked. I have been servicing spa for a long time and have a good idea what brands and features are good this was the first thermo I ever came across and it was not very impressive. Hope this helps

listen to the advice you are being given, all of the above is true. Anyone can give a great presentation, and make it sound like the best thing since sliced bread. I can show you a picture of a great looking woman, but if when you get to meet her she turns out to be a man..... you never now until you get to look under the hood!

boy you guys are pushing me..... - after researching tons of material in various borchures i finally got it down to two makes - thermospa vs sundance. after the salesmans pitch from thermospa i visited a sundance dealer. that left me leaning towards sundance. can you guess which way you are pushing me ?? see my post from yesterday "sundance cameo question" i'm pretty sure that is the way i'm going.

m

boy you guys are pushing me..... - after researching tons of material in various borchures i finally got it down to two makes - thermospa vs sundance. after the salesmans pitch from thermospa i visited a sundance dealer. that left me leaning towards sundance. can you guess which way you are pushing me ?? see my post from yesterday "sundance cameo question" i'm pretty sure that is the way i'm going.

m

I don't think you've been pushed at all; we just stopped you from being pulled in one direction before you truly assessed your situation. Now that you've researched further, you'll take the next steps in whatever direction you see fit.

We considered 7 different manufacturers' tubs and wet tested several models made by 6 of those companies. EVERY spa is different and for what they cost, IMHO you should have your head examined if you purchase a spa without getting inside of it wet or dry. Narrowing down the choices was not an easy process. Unless you've got bottomless pockets, I'd recommend that you "do your homework".

I thank everyone for their advice. I did some further research on tubs and I will either go with a Sundance Cameo or a Dimension 1 Chairman II. I will wet test on Saturday. How do these prices sound?? $8400 for the Sundance and $9100 for the Chairman II.

Don't know about sundance, but that is a really good price on D1