Easy to replace bartop LEDs on HotSprings Aria?

DGHotsprings

On the first week of ownership, one of the bartop LEDs on the spa stopped working correctly.  Water got into it for sure.  I ignored it for 18 months but called my dealer.  They got the part in and said they'd charge me $40 to install it.   It looks like some LEDs on the end of a wire.

Has anyone done thisrepair?  The LEDs are in two oval shaped covers on the top of the shell (only 1 is bad).  These ovals are where the optional speakers go (I don't have those).

Any idea how to get them open?  I wonder if they are just sealed in there with silicone?   love to hear from someone who has done it.  I'm pretty handy so will do a good job - just want to see how to start.

Thanks!

The ovals are just held in by silicone. Pry them up with a small flat screwdriver or putty knife. The LED's are held in place either by little compression nuts or silicone grommets. In all honesty, if your dealer says they will install for $40, I'd let them. Plugging and unplugging the harness connectors in that cavity is a real pain because you have to do it 1 handed.