Master Spas multiple circuit pump failures

Hello,

Thanks for this thread. After two years and one month (2 year warranty on this part) my spa presented a dry heater error.   I noticed the hot tub was very quiet and then notice an on off buzzing coming from the pump (like it was trying to spin).

I replaced the E14 circulation pump myself as the supplier of my hot tub wanted the best part of 500 quid to do it.  

8 months later and the same issue.  This time I took it out and realised the impeller comes off.  I cleaned it all up (though it wasn't obviously dirty) and it functioned fine for a month.  It stopped again though this time I can't get it running in the hot tub.  It ran for about 10 minutes after one attempt then stopped.  I'm speaking with the seller on Amazon but they seem to be implying it's not covered by warranty asking for pictures of the PCB. There's no signs of damage there imo.  I'm expecting to be out of pocket.

I'm completely ignorant of how it works and in my naive view it seems like there's too much friction between the impeller unit and motor.  I understand it works via induction.  I did wonder if the o'ring around the impeller part could have degraded and this is causing issues (if the seal isn't good then could there be too much movement interfering with it spinning cleanly).  I have no idea to be honest.  

I'm on the verge of getting the LX mentioned above though concerned slightly on the wiring.

I do wonder given the motor on my E14 seems to be trying to spin could it be something I'm not understanding as to why it's struggling?  I've attached some files. It's highly frustrating given it's hardly cheap to replace. 

P_20240120_084630.jpg

P_20240120_084601.jpg

P_20240120_084559.jpg

Edited by sllabres
Add pictures

• 1 month later...

can anyone suggest something.

I have 4 holiday cottages with hot tubs.  had hot tubs in them for over 12 years. I decided to replace for cosmetic reasons, pumps etc still working and originals.

I replaced with 3 master spas

i have now replaced the pumps 5 or 6 times ( i am losing count ) , all failing within 4 -14 months of install. Lowara E14. Laing?? Not cheap either!

Water quality is fine, checked daily. Filters are new and changed regularly. My hot tub guy empties and refills the tubs as per instruction and same way as he has done for 14 years with other tubs.

We have good water quality and same water been using for previous tubs without fail.

Is there an inherent issue with magnetic pumps in hot tubs? i.e. they are not fit for purpose. 

I feel i cannot be that unlucky to have so many fail so quick.