New heater still no heat ugh

Cold Springs

Help if you can,  please !   

So weekend right before thanksgiving in north east PA, went to do my bi-weekly check to make sure I was good when my family came up.   Water felt colder than normal, warm but not hot.   I discovered the hot tub temp said 87 degrees.  Was not getting any codes or flashing lights .   Turned off power a few times. And added my chemicals like normal and increased the temp a few degrees.   Next morning went out and still not hot, now reading 82.  Panic began to set it thinking if this froze,  my hot tub would be ready for junk yard.    I reached into hot to feel the water coming in and it had circulation, just not hot.   While feeling the water coming in from the normal inlet, my wife lowered the spa temp to 80 and the ready light came on.   She increased to 83 and it went off.  But the water from inlet did not got hot at the inlet   

Since the hot tub is 9 years old, I took a guess that my heater had failed    Especially since the temp seemed accurate I did not think it was a sensor.    I removed the heater from the spa and found a YouTube video of guy placing the multimeter on the leads to read ohms, but as luck would have it, my multimeter was failing too, even after replacing the 9v battery.    I am not that good with a multimeter so I didn't know if I was getting a zero or had a baby multimeter     

Drained the tub and did a winterizarion best I could    I opened the large pvc connections at the pumps and filed with antifreeze I had left over gallons from camper     I also filled all the jets best I could    I unscrewed and marked the two sensors on top, leaving them connected to circuitry and only unplugged the hard wired sensor wire that I learned to be the limit sensor wire      

Ordered a new heater with 2 new sensors and figured these 3 parts would solve my problem     Received  new heater and installed with new sensors and installed.    Planned on filling tub, then running it and re-draining based on antifreeze I had added and needed to get out     

I now find both the power and ready light flashing    This was not happening before   The guide says that's a sensor and to kill the power and rest which I did several times.    I had not the tub filed all the way, but figured since I was well over the intakes if was ok.    I decided to let it fill all the way up like normal and try again    After several more attempts with filled tub,, same result.    Very frustrated because seems to be a new problem   

I decided to run the jets and I discovered that with the jets running, the blinking power and ready lights go out and the red light in the control box that reads heater on comes on.    I let it run like this for several minutes but did not feel heater getting hot.   I don't know if that little light is supposed to be green or red, but red seemed to make since.    After several more attempts and the temp starting drop as the sun went down, I again drained the tub and re-winterized    

I read in this forum about air lock and it dawned on me that I did not fill the tub through the filter like I normally do   I just stuck the hose in the tub.    I had removed the filter cartridge because my wifey kept nagging me that she was reading a clogged filter would prevent heater from working but I had convinced myself this was not the issue as the heater and filter seem to operate independently of each other but when I think my wife is wrong, she is usually right so I pulled the filter just in case     Filter carriage is a year old with light use and it looked good    But I did try without the filter in place.   I tried multimeter again and this time it seemed to work and I was getting 15 ohms across the old heater leads    Seems like my be the heater was not the problem but since I knew it was getting on if  not exceeding its useful life, plus the factbthstbwinter has just begun, I was ok with replying it, since I already bought s new one.  

The tub is a hot springs limelight pulse     2008      

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on ?    

Any coments would be greatly appreciated    

Thanks    

Circulation pump Hums and looks like it's pushing water.     I felt the water at hr inlet in the tub like normal, just not heating.  But when jets are turned on the flashing lights stop and the red light for heater on illuminates.   When jets are turned off, I again get the flashing ready and power lights.    Then the red light that says Hester in goes out.