Balboa M7 Help

rwpeller

I have a 2006 Marquis Reward that is displaying the incorrect temperature and I am not sure how to proceed.  I heated the tub up to 102 degrees (reading on top display) and then tested the water with an external thermometer which gets a reading of about 92 - 95 degrees.  So the two are obviously not agreeing and you can tell the tub is not actually 102 degrees when you get into it.  Thinking one of the sensors was bad, I put the tub into test mode and tested each sensor individually.  Both sensors produced a reading of 102 degrees.  I then reached out to Marquis to see if I could calibrate this in anyway, but they said I could not calibrate the top display and would need to replace the whole PC board (roughly 700 dollars).  I obviously do not want to go this route and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on what to do.  Should I replace both the sensors in the M7 and see if that corrects the problem?  Has anyone else had this issue?

It depends on where your tub is located.  If your outside temperature is spring/summerish,  than 90-95 degrees is a magic number that a hot tub can reach without a heater, just from the friction of the water in the pumps. 

That would mean your heater element is bad.

If you're in a winter environment and you're seeing 92 degrees, maybe it could be a sensor error.  It's rare for both sensors to die simultanelously and to give the same erroneous measurement.  I suppose replacing a pair of sensors is cheaper than a new circuit board, but I doubt that's the problem.

Is the HEAT LED on the topside illuminated?  blinking or solid?  The question is, does the spa think it's 102 degrees, or is it trying to heat to get to 102?

Dave