2-3 person HT Caldera, Hot Springs or Marquis

sueppr

We have a very small space - at most 7 x 7'. I am interested in a 2-3 person tub for our moderate climate home. I will use it the most (and maintain it, my husband is not as interested) and am average size with back, knee and shoulder/neck problems. A corner unit would fit best but am concerned about proper jet positions and if they are deep enough. Lucky to have well-reviewed dealers locally  - but haven't found a filled corner unit to test. Considering Hot Springs, Caldera and Marquis. Grateful for your advice.

I sell Hot Spring and Caldera and used to sell Marquis.  The Marquis Rendezvous will be the only one of the 3 with 3 seating positions.  It will also come in as the most expensive.  I personally like the Moto-Massage, so my vote would be for the TX.  But, you need to dry test all 3 first to verify you fit comfortably.  Then have the dealers fill them for you.  If they want the sale, they will.  Plus all 3 plug-in 115V, so it shouldn't be too much work.

On 11/20/2017 at 10:34 PM, sueppr said:

Thank you! is it deep enough with two people in it?

Yes,  each position sits a little deeper, so you can pick what's best for you.

We also had a need for a 2-3 person spa due to space requirements. We we tested all of the above, but actually went with a Vita Joli, which is technically a 4 person stub, but really only seats 3 comfortably. The Joli jet power was definitely stronger than the above spas as it has 2 2speed good hp pumps, and it also fit our deck space well. I have to brace myself when I kick on the second speed, which I like as I workout a lot and needed a tub with some power. This is my 3rd hot tub and typically I probably wouldn't look at a Tier 2 manufacturer like an Artesian or Vita, but the dealer in my area for Vita has been in place for a long time with a great track record, so we went for it. I'd encourage you to try out the Vita Joli if you have one in your area at a reputable dealer.

The jets on the Marquis Rendezvous will be very powerful if you do the 240v MP160 pump upgrade.  Nice thing about the Rendezvous is the long 5/7/10 year warranty when compared to most of the other spas you're looking at (most are 2/2/5 years).  The DuraWood cabinet on the Rendezvous is also more of a Trex material and holds up very nice.  If you get the Rendezvous Discovery version without all the bells and whistles, it should come in close to or less than most of the other tubs you're looking at.

I did get the cover lifter with the Joli.  I wet tested it for a long time along with Marquis, Coast, Hot Springs and a few others. The Joli has quite the pep for a small tub.  It was definitely the strongest tub I tested for the size. The Marquis tubs were also powerful as Markee mentions. But, the Joli fit me better, as I am only 5'2 and the dealer for the Marquis was not as reputable in my area. I probably would have spent more time with some different Marquis models if the local dealer was more accommodating.  In my opinion, dealer is always first. Then, the tub that fits you the best, as long as you have the dealer support.

Thanks for the info!

After poking around a bit more I also plan to look at the Trio.  By no means as much oomph as the Joli, but an inch longer and 3-1/2" narrower are positives for me.  The spa will be on our porch, and the existing 70" wide unit is wider than I want in a new one (not enough gap between the side and the porch front railing), especially given a cover lifter will likely chew up some width.

The question for me will be whether the seat depth is good.  I'm just under 6', and on cold central NY nights you don't want a lot of exposed body.  My wife is a half foot shorter, so height isn't a problem for her.

Our three local dealers are respectable (everyone gets some negatives on web ratings, but they all show generally positive reviews for sales and service) , and the place I bought the Beachcomber back in '99 is still around, though a lot further away.