Water level

Rlwalker09

Just bought a Jacuzzi J325 4 person hot tub. Filling to just below the headrests, when my wife and I enter the tub, the water level is above the bottom of the headrests and air switches. I lowered the level so the 2 of us wont submerge the switches. But that lowering put the unoccupied spa water to barely above the skimmer opening. How can we ever

get 4 people in?Can I lower the level more and take the filter cover off while not in use so the pumps wont be run dry during auto cycles?

Thanks

The switch is actually a mechanical toggle - it's not electrical, so there's no danger in submerging it.  The headrests are designed to get wet, Jacuzzi knows that when you get in the tub the water level is going to cover the headrests.  They're counting on that because the chlorine and bromine will wear them out quicker and they can sell you new ones for $50 a piece.:D

I would not remove the filter cover.  First of all, most Jacuzzi's have a skim filter in there which saves filter wear and tear by getting leaves and bigger debris.  Second, if you remove it, you will put it somewhere where it will eventually get kicked, stepped on or broken another way.  And third, the clips that hold it into place are difficult to replace and the more you put it in and take it out, the more likely you are to break them.

Dave

The switch is held onto the tub body with a gasket and a large nut on the back.  Sure, water could get in there.  But it could also get in behind any one of the jets, lights, drains or even the clips that hold the pillows in place.

If water infiltrates through the switches, it's not because you messed it up, it's because the switch is defective.  That's a warranty issue, at least for the first few years.

Dave