Balboa spa circulation pump shuts down

kheisler

Entitled millennial is my guess @RDspaguy.

@Tplem Maybe you should read a few posts here. The same requests from the pro's that come on here are always the same, start a new thread. Post pictures of the equipment bay and wiring diagrams. Why? Because same symptoms are different fixes between different manufacturers and even the same manufacturer due to model changes and as already stated, these guys come here freely to help and we don't need to waste their time making them reread the post, which may be multiple pages long, to see what the clues they got before showed them.

Sorry, if you can't understand this, then hire a spa company to come out and fix it for you.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I put a new circulation pump in my hot tub turned on breaker nothing happened until I hit jet button it ran fine for about 20 minutes and heater was heating up water fine then it shut off. I hit jet button again and it run for twenty minutes and shut off again and it sounds like it’s running in high speed instead of low speed 

On 7/29/2020 at 7:12 PM, CanadianSpaTech said:

Start a new post describing your issue

On 3/14/2021 at 11:34 AM, RDspaguy said:

Here's the thing Tim. We are volunteers, taking our free time to help other people. You expect us to read this entire thread, just to find out wtf you are talking about. I, for one, won't do it. Sorry, but I have my own life to live. If you want some help, start your own thread and explain your issue. Include as much info as possible and pics of controls and equipment. 

On 3/15/2021 at 12:30 PM, cranbiz said:

Entitled millennial is my guess @RDspaguy.

@Tplem Maybe you should read a few posts here. The same requests from the pro's that come on here are always the same, start a new thread. Post pictures of the equipment bay and wiring diagrams. Why? Because same symptoms are different fixes between different manufacturers and even the same manufacturer due to model changes and as already stated, these guys come here freely to help and we don't need to waste their time making them reread the post, which may be multiple pages long, to see what the clues they got before showed them.

Sorry, if you can't understand this, then hire a spa company to come out and fix it for you.

2 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

@DuanePlease start your own thread/post and we will be happy to help if we can

It's like nobody bothers to read the thread they respond to...🙄

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great conversation board. I have the same problem I think, I have a Balboa GS500 control unit and a waterway 2 speed pump motor.

The 2 speed motor will run 24/7 and won't fail but when you runs the jets ( speed 2) for 2 x 15 minute cycles it will often stop instead of returning to low speed (speed 1) at the end of the cycle

I had the board checked out and the guy said he found a fault on the pump circuit but it continued to have the same fault.

I think this guy is a bullshitter because I studied the board with a magnifying glass and there was no sign of any solder being renewed let alone any components being changed.

I am now looking at checking there is power to the motor from the board when it cuts out which should confirm that the fault is with the thermal cut out switch on the motor.

• 7 months later...