Energy consumption

SSpaOwner

I have a 350 gallon spa with a 24/7 circulation pump. I use an ozone generator to assist with sanitizing. The spa sits for up to 3 weeks at a time, heat lowered to 90. It is a bromine spa and stays clear and clean. I am sure it is due to the 24/7 circ pump keeping the ozone flowing. I turn up the heat when I arrive for a stay. It takes up to 6 hours or so to heat to 100 or 101. I leave the heater set to that for as long as I am there, up to a week, then turn down when leaving.

I just realized that most spa owners wouldn't be able to answer this question. My house has a gauge that allows me to monitor electrical consumption real time. I'm able to see that this spa heats for about 2 1/2 hours per day, using one of the jet pumps. My previous spa had a circ pump, and there was no way to monitor when it was heating, since the bursts were frequent and brief. The new spa is using massively more energy than the old one, and I'm trying to figure out why.

I'd like to k now aprox for all your guys how much your electric bill went up after adding the spa aprox?

ALSO, why doesn't anyone heat their spa with propane? If you have a pool heater most use propane to heat their pool. Why doesn't anyone do that with these type of tubs? They'd heat up to any temp super fast.